2:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Webinar | Stephen King
JAN Webcast: Recruiting, Hiring, and Retaining Individuals with Disabilities
January 14, 2015. JAN Webcast: Recruiting, Hiring, and Retaining Individuals with Disabilities
- Description: Your agency can increase the participation rate of individuals with disabilities, even with budget constraints, hiring freezes, and the potential for RIFs. Stephen will share best practices to help you move that needle in your agency, as well as review the Rehabilitation Act and the policies you need to be aware of so you are in compliance with the requirements of Executive Order 13548. An extensive resource list and sample documents regarding Schedule A recruiting and reasonable accommodation procedures will also be provided.
Speaker: Stephen King, Director, Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP), Department of Defense.
Click Here to Register.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST
Webinar | ODEP Partner
Creating Resilient Workplaces: Safe Space Leads to Engaged, Productive Workers
- Click Here to Download Presentation PDF
- Description: Research indicates that welcoming and safe workplaces that offer work-life balance and take precautions against violent behavior are beneficial to employers’ bottom lines through increased employee productivity, health and engagement. This webinar will feature expert speakers from federal and federally funded technical assistance centers who will discuss key considerations for implementing safe and productive workplaces. It will also highlight how fostering such workplaces—ones where employees feel comfortable disclosing disabilities and health concerns without fear, stigma or worry—allows all employees to receive the productivity tools (also known as reasonable accommodations) and supports they need to optimize their performance and deliver on the job.
- Toni Alterman - PhD, Senior Research Epidemiologist, National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health, Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evaluations & Field Studies, Surveillance Branch
- Tim Green -
Director, Office of Strategic Outreach, Veterans' Employment and Training Service, U.S. Department of Labor
- Anne Hirsh
- Co-Director, Job Accommodation Network,
- Lisalyn Jacobs -
VP, Government Relations, Legal Momentum & Partner at Workplaces Respond to Domestic and Sexual Violence: A National Resource Center
- Kimberly Konkel -
Associate Director, Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Maya Raghu -
Attorney at Futures Without Violence & Partner at Workplaces Respond to Domestic and Sexual Violence: A National Resource Center
- Darren Bates -
National Project Director, National Employer Policy, Research, and Technical Assistance Center for Employers on the Employment of People with Disabilities
- Carol Boyer -
Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Disability Employment Policy,
U.S. Department of Labor, Moderator