2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST
Webinar | Guest Speaker
Employers & Accessible Technology: The What, Why and How
Please join the Partnership on Employment and Technology (PEAT) for an upcoming webinar “Employers & Accessible Technology: The What, Why and How” on Wednesday, August 6th from 2:00pm – 3:30pm EST. Presenters will share important information for employers on ensuring that the technology in their workplaces is accessible to all employees, including those with disabilities. PEAT's guest speakers will provide a basic primer on accessible technology and its relevance to employers and their bottom line.
Participants will learn:
- The nuts and bolts of accessible technology—what it means and the responsibilities of employers as they relate to accessible tech in the workplace, including new rules that affect employers who do business with the federal government
- How accessible workplace technology can ensure employee productivity and improve the bottom line
- How to insert accessibility into a company's technology procurement policies
- Tips for building or fine-tuning an accessible technology initiative for one's workplace
Featured presenters include:
- Richard Crespin (Moderator), CEO, CollaborateUp and Senior Fellow, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Diane Rodriguez, Lead Compliance Analyst, Corporate Accessibility Technology Office, AT&T
- Mike Paciello, Founder, Paciello Group and WebAble.TV (and author of “Web Accessibility for People with Disabilities”)
- Peter Wallack, Senior Director of Accessibility Program Office, Oracle Corporation
To register, visit: http://www.peatworks.org/webinars/2014/08/employers-accessible-technology. For additional information, please contact info@PEATworks.org.