While smart employers know they should ensure their workplace is inclusive of the skills and talents of all people, including people with disabilities, not all businesses—particularly small ones—may know where to start. This webinar will address the steps they can take based on strategies gleaned from the Office of Disability Employment Policy’s five-year Add Us In grant program, through which eight consortia around the country piloted models for increasing the capacity of small businesses to employ people with disabilities.
Participants will hear from small businesses about their experiences as well as business membership associations that have taken steps to educate their members about the value disability diversity adds to their workplaces and communities. A new online resource developed to help small businesses and business associations take action around the issue will also be demonstrated.
- Brett Sheats, National Project Director, Employer TA Center/EARN (Session Chair)
- Day Al-Mohamed, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Disability Employment Policy (Moderator)
- Aida Flores, Maryland Hispanic Business Foundation
- Sam McClure, National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Bonnie Osborn, WriteAway Communications, Sacramento, CA
This webinar is approved for 1.5 HR General recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute.
Click here to register.