This webinar, hosted by the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN), will explore key strategies employers can use to create policies and processes that facilitate the hiring, retention and advancement of individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Panelists will discuss steps organizations can take to encourage disability inclusion across the employment lifecycle, including invitations to self-identify, workplace accommodations, and career development and advancement opportunities.
- Brett Sheats (Moderator), National Project Director, EARN
- The Honorable Katherine McCary, Temporary Policy Advisor, Employer Policy Team, U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Michael Murray, Director, Employer Policy Team, U.S. Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Tom Downs, Senior Manager, Corporate Diversity and Inclusion, Capital One
- Vu H. Pham, Chair, Elevate, Center for Executive Development, University of California San Diego Rady School of Management
- Tamara Burks, Disability Talent Acquisition Lead, PwC
This webinar is part of EARN’s Inclusion@Work Webinar Series, based on its employer policy framework, Inclusion@Work. Developed with input from employers with exemplary track records in disability employment, this framework outlines seven core components of a disability-inclusive organization, along with a menu of strategies for achieving them.
This event is approved for 1.0 HR general recertification credit hour through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).