Building a Future that Works
The U.S. Department of Labor cordially invites you to a virtual celebration of the 75th annual National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) and the 30th anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 / 2pm ET
Join us as we explore the crucial role of accessible technology in relation to this year’s NDEAM theme of Increasing Access and Opportunity for people with disabilities, and the Labor Department’s work to ensure that emerging technologies are accessible to all in the workplace.
Featured guests will include:
- U.S. Secretary of Labor Eugene Scalia
- Cathy Hackl – Futurist and Author of The Augmented Workforce
- Vint Cerf – Internet Guru, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google
- Bobby Silverstein – Disability Policy Expert, Principal at Powers Pyles Sutter and Verville
- Martez Mott, Ph.D. – Postdoctoral Researcher at Microsoft Research
- Rory Cooper, Ph.D. – Distinguished Professor at University of Pittsburgh
- Haley Moss – Attorney, Author, and Law Expert in Autism and Neurodiversity
Moderated by Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Jennifer Sheehy, the event will feature insightful dialogues with thought leaders and a video showcase of the latest innovations in communications, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, and more.