Mark Your Calendar for EARN & CDE’s Preparing for National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) Twitter Chat!
Get ready for NDEAM by joining EARN and the Campaign for Disability Employment (CDE) on Thursday, September 23, 2021, from 2-3 p.m. ET for the #CelebrateNDEAM Twitter Chat! The chat will explore ways employers and others can participate in NDEAM and incorporate this year’s theme, “America’s Recovery: Powered by Inclusion,” into workplace activities. Participants will also learn about new resources available to support employees experiencing lasting effects of COVID-19 (“Long COVID”), inclusive telework strategies and more. Use #CelebrateNDEAM to follow and join in the conversation!
Employers of all sizes, entrepreneurs, disability advocates, human resource and diversity and inclusion professionals, equal employment opportunity specialists and others are encouraged to participate.
#CelebrateNDEAM Twitter Chat Questions
- Q1: #NDEAM begins October 1. Can you share what your organization has planned for celebrating throughout the month? Are you hosting or participating in any activities? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q2: This year’s #NDEAM theme is “America’s Recovery: Powered by Inclusion.” What does this theme mean to you and your organization? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q3: What are some best practices for supporting people with disabilities in the workplace in the wake of #COVID19? Can you share examples of how your organization put these practices into action? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q4: The #pandemic has had a significant impact on the #MentalHealth of many people. What are best practices for supporting employee mental health during #NDEAM and in the months ahead? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q5: What should employers developing workplace recovery and re-entry plans take into consideration with regard to inclusion of employees with disabilities? Can you share any resources to help? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q6: What materials or resources has your organization created to support the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workforce? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q7: What are some effective ways to communicate an organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (#DEI) during this time of workplace recovery—for people with disabilities as well as other diverse populations? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q8: Can you share a story about a time your organization helped support workplace inclusion of people with disabilities? What steps did you take to implement these efforts? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q9: What do you feel are effective strategies for supporting young people with disabilities in the workplace? Does your organization have any initiatives focused on young adults with disabilities? #CelebrateNDEAM
- Q10: Lastly, do you have any ideas or advice to share with organizations that are looking to promote disability inclusion and awareness in their workplace all year round? #CelebrateNDEAM