The COVID-19 pandemic has shone a light on the impact of technological inequities on diverse communities including people with disabilities. As employers seek to have employees return to the workplace, they must explore opportunities to create more inclusive work environments where everyone can succeed.
EARN presented a discussion of technological challenges that have impacted people with disabilities and steps employers can take to evaluate and enhance their communication systems and training platforms to create workplaces where everyone has the tools needed for success.
- Jenny Yang, Director, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), U.S. Department of Labor
- Corinne Weible, Co-Director, Partnership on Employment & Accessible Technology (PEAT)
Related EARN Resources
- EARN Brief: Adopting an Integrated Telework Policy for Employees With and Without Disabilities
- EARN Brief: Use of Artificial Intelligence to Facilitate Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- EARN/PEAT Checklist: 10 Tips for an Accessible Website
- EARN/PEAT Checklist: Facilitating the Hiring of People with Disabilities Through the Use of eRecruiting Screening Systems, Including AI