Hiring and Supporting Neurodivergent Workers: Strategies for Success
Learn about strategies employers can use to attract and retain neurodivergent employees.
To attract the best talent for filling the more than 11.5 million job openings, employers need to ensure they are creating inclusive workplaces by considering the unique needs of each employee. This is particularly important during the recruitment and interviewing processes. Untapped talent pools like neurodivergent workers can expand diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) efforts. They can also offer varying perspectives, creativity and innovation. All of these qualities add to an organization’s bottom line.
According to Harvard Medical School, “neurodiversity describes the idea that people experience and interact with the world around them in many different ways; there is no one ‘right’ way of thinking, learning and behaving, and differences are not viewed as deficits.” People who think in different ways are called “neurodivergent.” Neurodivergence refers to a number of conditions, including autism, ADHD, dyslexia, and others such as PTSD. Neurodivergent people represent at least 20% of the adult population and come from every background.
In this webinar, participants will hear from a panel of neurodivergent professionals as well as employers who have developed successful neurodiversity programs. Topics to be discussed include:
- Employer and employee benefits of a neurodiverse workforce;
- Normalizing and de-stigmatizing neurodivergence in the workplace;
- Strategies for hiring and retaining neurodivergent employees and ensuring their success and advancement in the workplace;
- Strategies to implement effective accommodations for neurodivergent employees; and
- Examples of successful neurodiversity employment initiatives that span various industries.
- Rebecca Beam, Founder & CEO, Zavikon
- Diane Delaney, Global Diversity & Inclusion Leader, People with Diverse Abilities, IBM
- Haley Moss, Attorney & Neurodiversity Expert
- Bruce Soltys, Vice President of University Relations & Leadership Development Programs, Human Resources, Travelers
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
02:00 PM - 03:30 PM Eastern