Retaining Valued Employees with Disabilities: The Importance of Performance Coaching and Management
Learn about effective strategies people managers can use to support and empower their employees with disabilities when engaging in coaching and performance dialogues.
Performance coaching and management is an important component of retaining all workers including those with disabilities. Effective performance management helps employees understand the duties of their job, as well as advance in their careers. In celebration of National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), EARN invites employers and managers to help make disability part of the equity equation by learning how to ensure that workers with disabilities can succeed on the job.
All employees, including those with disabilities, benefit from regular feedback on their performance. Effective performance management provides the employee with opportunities to grow existing skills and develop new ones. However, some managers may shy away from having productive performance conversations with employees with disabilities or health conditions because they feel uncomfortable or fear they could violate disability-related laws or regulations if they do so.
In this webinar, a panel of HR experts will share effective strategies people managers can use to support and empower employees with disabilities and confidently engage in coaching and performance dialogues. Topics to be discussed include:
- The importance of regular coaching and feedback for employees with disabilities;
- How to address performance concerns when you know or suspect that an employee has a disability;
- How to ensure that people with disabilities are not unfairly disadvantaged in the process of performance appraisal and development;
- And how coaching and effective performance management can lead to better employee engagement and retention outcomes.
- Harwinder Taunque, Senior Vice President, Testing Group Manager, Citi
- Cathy West, Vice President, Office of Disability Inclusion, JPMorgan Chase
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM Eastern