The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) offers information and resources to help employers recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities; build inclusive workplace cultures; and meet diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) goals.
Start here to learn how to recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities; why workplace inclusion of people with disabilities matters; and how EARN’s resources can help.
Build a pipeline of talent that includes people with disabilities.
Identify people who have the skills and attributes for the job.
Keep talented employees with disabilities, including those who acquire them on the job.
Ensure that employees with disabilities have equal opportunities for advancement.
Phases of Employment
EARN makes it easy to stay up-to-date on disability employment news and information. Start by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and eblasts, which will connect you to upcoming events, developing news and promising practices in the world of disability diversity and inclusion. And don’t forget to follow EARN on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
October 19, 2022 — 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ESTWebinar Learn about effective strategies people managers can use to support and empower their employees with disabilities when engaging in coaching and performance dialogues.
A list of all webinars.
EO 14035 Resources
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) in the Federal Workforce Info Center
Key Official Federal Government Resources
- EO 14035: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce (PDF)
- Government-wide Strategic Plan to Advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce (PDF)
- GSA: Integrating Accessibility into Agency Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Plans
- OPM Overview of EO 14035 (PDF)
Additional EO 14035 Disability-related Resources
- Federal Agency Employment Strategies: A Framework for Disability Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA)
- Disability-Related Provisions of Executive Order 14035: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce
- Disability-Related Themes Embedded in Executive Order 14035: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility in the Federal Workforce
Resources Related to Federal Government Employment of People with Disabilities
- Section 501 Info Center
- Federal Exchange on Employment & Disability (FEED)
- Disability Inclusion in Action: Federal Agency Promising Practices
- Federal Agency Affirmative Action Plans Directory
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Video Case Study
- Federal Hiring Authorities from a Disability Perspective
- Adding Accessibility to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Initiatives
- Checklists (PDFs): Planning an Accessible Career Fair/Hiring Event, Meeting or Event or Training