The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) offers information and resources to help employers recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities; build inclusive workplace cultures; and meet diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility (DEIA) goals.
Start here to learn how to recruit, hire, retain and advance people with disabilities; why workplace inclusion of people with disabilities matters; and how EARN’s resources can help.
Build a pipeline of talent that includes people with disabilities.
Identify people who have the skills and attributes for the job.
Keep talented employees with disabilities, including those who acquire them on the job.
Ensure that employees with disabilities have equal opportunities for advancement.
Phases of Employment
EARN makes it easy to stay up-to-date on disability employment news and information. Start by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and eblasts, which will connect you to upcoming events, developing news and promising practices in the world of disability diversity and inclusion. And don’t forget to follow EARN on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
February 15, 2023 — 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ESTWebinar Learn about effective strategies employers can use to develop and sustain a fully accessible workplace.
A list of all webinars.
Disability inclusion is about more than hiring; it also means taking steps to retain the talents of valued employees with disabilities
In addition to taking steps to recruit and hire people with disabilities, organizations should review their policies and processes to ensure they retain employees with disabilities. Numerous strategies can assist in doing so. The topics below provide information to help you ensure valued employees with disabilities, including those who may acquire a disability due to injury, illness or aging, succeed.
Learn about federal laws and regulations that impact employee retention
Explore strategies to help retain employees with disabilities
Explore strategies for fostering a supportive and inclusive work culture
Track and review data to ensure your workplace is retaining employees with disabilities
- Hire (& Keep) the Best: Talent Acquisition and Retention Processes
- Ensure Productivity: Reasonable Accommodations
- Webinar: Retaining Valued Employees with Disabilities: The Importance of Performance Coaching and Management
- Webinar Learning Guide: Retaining Valued Employees with Disabilities: The Importance of Performance Coaching and Management
- Performance Management
- Fostering Disability-Inclusive Workplaces Through ERGs
- Workplace Mentoring Playbook
- Mentoring as a Disability Inclusion Strategy
- Planning an Accessible Meeting or Event Checklist
- Planning an Accessible Training Checklist